I’m curious: what does a non-dysfunctional family look like? My dad was an alcoholic. He died from this damned sickness. His parents did, too. Both of them. My mom has the same addiction, plus a whole bunch of other issues. Wait—we’ll get to me and my own quirks later. But I grew up in a broken home that felt like hell. My cousins’ dad drank, too. My classmates either didn’t have fathers, or their dads had the same “talent” as mine, or they were abusers. One boy’s mom left him with a grandmother for the sake of a new husband. Another friend of mine abandoned her daughter with the father to go find a new love. And now, I’m standing guard by the bathroom so my son doesn’t waste water. I heard somewhere that this kind of control is a sign of a dysfunctional family. So, I guess I follow the same pattern now. Not because I’m stingy with the water, though. I’m here because our power grid is being shelled, electricity is hit-or-miss, and we have one 50-liter water heater for everyone. There a...
Hello everyone!
Firstly, thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your attention and promise to do everything on my part so that you won’t regret visiting my blog.
Secondly, I’m creating this blog as a result of some kick in the pants: I applied for one job in Indeed, and as a requirement, I had to send a link to a blog I manage. I didn’t have it. I do now.
Thirdly, since I started my writer’s journey, I felt the urge to create my own blog with my own rules, not Medium or LinkedIn ones.
So, welcome!
This desk drawer will store my stories, thoughts, and battles. It will hold a fusion style of semi-fiction stories (and the best part - you will never know where fiction interrupts the real parts), a pinch of writing in "working-like-a-horse-days" style, and maybe some “shitty-reality” style.
Do you really need a “Who Am I” part? Tell me in the comments when you feel like knowing about me. I’ll write then.
Comments
Post a Comment